Even in modern times, lots of people believe in various superstitions. No matter if we are talking about luck, love or money, people have always tried to enhance their chances of better times in the future; and will forever do this. So, let’s take a look at the most popular New Year’s Eve superstitions around the world:
Couple kissing at midnight on New Year’s Eve. Photo source: thekissingexpert.com
1. Kissing at midnight – It is said this would make you and your partner become even closer and tied up together in the twelve months to come. If you fail kissing your girlfriend/boyfriend, wife/husband at midnight, your relationship will grow colder in the following year.
2. Paying off debts and bills – Every debt or bill (be it household bill, mobile phone invoice, loan taken from friends or family, bank loan installment, mortgage, local taxes and dues etc.) should be paid until the 1st of January. The New Year should not find you having debts, this means you will have various financial problems during that year. But try not to pay them on the 31st of December, nor lend money or precious items like jewelry on this day, it is said that then you will be paying money all year long.
3. Do not eat poultry – Chicken or turkey, on the 1st day of the year. These are birds that scratch the dirt for their dinners and it is said you will do so as well, if eating chicken or turkey on the 1st of January; this means it will bring poverty upon yourself, trying to make ends meet all year long and have a very hard year from an economic point of view.
4. But do eat pork – This will bring progress in your life in the year to come. It is said that if you eat this type of meat, you will have a good, successful year.
5. Wear at least one new item of clothing – Wearing something new on the 1st of January would make you receive a lot of new garments in the New Year.
6. Wear red knickers – This ensures you loads of good luck in your love life for the year to come.
7. First footer – It is very important who sets foot the first in your home in the New Year. It is said that if the one who comes in the first is a man, you will have good luck. If he is handsome, tall, well-built and with dark hair, it is even better. But beware, in order for this to trigger a lucky year for you, he should be invited and let in by you, the owner of the house, not use a key to come in.
8. Babies born on the 1st of January – Are going to be very lucky and fortunate and will live a long, happy life.
Lucky baby born on the 1st of January. Photo source: blog.myfatpocket.com
Top incoming search terms:
- new year kiss
- عکس های هنری