… that you should probably adopt.
We all know highly successful people. Whether they are our acquaintaces, our friends or we have read about them in some magazine. We recognise them on the streets: perfect outfits, latest technology at hand, busy looking, flawlessly arranged hair and perfect accessories. They are fit, they are wealthy, they are active, they are highly successful. And we want to be more like them, less like us. We want to be seen by others on the street and have them think ’here’s another one of those highly successful people. I wonder what he/she does to be like that’. Well, truth be told, being successful isn’t at all easy and requieres a lot of hard work. Nevertheless, perhaps it’s time to adopt some of their habits and work hard to become one of them.
Here are 30 habits of highly successful people:
- They are focused on solutions, not problems. Instead of worrying about a problem, think of how to solve it.
- Highly successful people look for and find opportunities where other people see nothing. Train yourself to see opportunities everywhere and work towards maximizing your gain from them.
- They are not controlled by fear . They push their limits, even though they are afraid and work towards a positive outcome. If you let your fear controll you, you will lose more than you will ever win.
- They have found and always find a way to maximise their talents and potential. Though they are not neccessarily more talented than you, they always manage to highlight their strenghts.
- They keep themselves busy. They don’t waste time, because time is money. You won’t see any of the highly successful people laying on the couch thinking about what to do, they simply do it.
- They are ambitious. They constantly want to better themselves and become more than they already are. Highly successful people make it a habit to push their limits.
- They do not procrastinate. The demons of procrastination have no effect whatsover on them, because they don’t wait for the right time, the right time is right now.
- Highly successful people innovate. They do not imitate. Though imitation might be the sincerest form of flattery, it will lead you nowhere. Try to bring something new to the world.
- They learn. Constantly. From everything and everyone. They constantly educate themselves, they read, they improve their skills. It’s easy to stop trying because you think you are the best at something, but truth is, there’s always someone even better.
- Highly successful people take risks. It’s in their nature to take risks, calculated risks of course, that will bring them some sort of gain, be it financial or emotional.
- They also believe that they are the makers of their lives. Notions such as destiny or fate are irrelevant to them and they consider them excuses for not living the life you want to live.
- They manage their emotions effectively. They feel just as any of us feel, but they have trained themselves to manage their emotions. You will never see any of the highly successful people crying in a corner after a loss or jumping of joy after a win.
- They have identified their core values and do their best to lead a life that is close to those values they cherish.
- They are disciplined and understand the importance of self control. Highly successful people wake up at least three hours earlier than you do, every day.
- They are balanced. Though they have money to spare, they also understand the importance of people and love in one’s life. They strive to balance both aspects in their lives.
- They embrace change. Highly successful people are not afraid of changes, as they understand it’s a vital part of growing and developing. Though many of us are creatures of habit, stepping outside the comfort zone is highly rewarding.
- They are humble, they are confident, they love learning, they admit their mistakes. Try doing so as well, though it might seem daunting at first.
- They accept feedback. Sometimes, hearing negative feedback can make you lose self-esteem. Highly successful people accept the fact that they sometimes can fail at sometimes, take the criticism and learn from it.
- They are mostly interested by the more effective way to do something, not the easiest. They don’t take shortcuts that lead nowhere.
- They practice what they preach.
- They always finish what they started because that’s the way they like things done. So the next time you start a project you then think of quitting midway through it, remember that highly successful people do not quit.
- They set higher standards for themselves and constantly work towards achieving those standards.
- They work out. Exercising is great both for the body and for the mind and highly successful people always find time to exercise and never miss a training session.
- They have a desire to be exceptional, so highly successful people will do things that will make them be exceptional.
- They have a plan for their life, and work towards making that plan a reality. Their lives aren’t just a series of random events.
- They are great communicators and always work to improve their communication skills. None of the highly successful people will be caught stammering or at a lack for words.
- They face challenges with their chin held up high and work in order to overcome them.
- They create win-win relationships and they surround themselves with like-minded people from whom they have something to learn and to whom they have something to teach.
- They ask questions. They are not afraid to ask questions, in order to gather as much information as possible about a task at hand. The next time you have a question in any given situation and are afraid to ask it, remember this.
- They are happy to swim against the tide, to stand out in a crowd and to take the less traveled path. That’s why they are easily recognisable.
These are thirty of the habits that highly successful people have. Do you know any other?
Top incoming search terms:
- 30 behaviors of successful people
- 30 habits of successful people
- 30 habits of highly sucessful people