It is a no-brainer for parents to prioritize the safety of their child especially with the things they use to carry their child whenever or wherever they go. One of the most popular convenient baby gears is the baby carriers or toddler carriers.
A baby carrier is one of the things used as one method used in transporting children. This includes strollers, prams, and slings.
One of the most popular of these is the baby carrier or baby slings that are the most convenient to use, however, with hundreds of manufacturers and brands that produce baby carriers and baby gears around the world, it might be confusing for the parent on which one to buy. Of course, their main priority would be the quality of the carrier to ensure the baby’s safety and comfort.
To help out those parents who are having a difficult time handling this situation, here are some important considerations to keep in mind before choosing and buying a baby carrier.
Before buying a baby carrier, a parent must determine and consider the age, the weight and height of the baby, the baby’s physical development stage, and ergonomics of the baby carrier, the friendly user interface of the baby carrier and the aesthetics of it.
- AGE– Almost all of the baby equipment comes with age requirement in order for it to be used by the appropriate age of the baby. For babies who are just five months old, it is important to have a baby carrier that has enough neck and back support since babies at this stage is very delicate especially they are in the point of their lives where their body is rapidly developing and they are very prone to injuries. Also, make sure that the baby carrier has enough space for the baby to be placed in a natural curled up position close to their chests.
- THE HEIGHT AND WEIGHT– All babies have different height and weight measurements so choosing the right baby carrier that perfectly fits the infant is very important and it must be comfortable enough for the baby to be placed as this goes also for the parent. Baby carriers that are of good quality can carry up to 25-kilogram to 30-kilogram of weight and it is made up durable materials without sacrificing the comfort that is felt by both the baby and the parent. Babies that have taller height must use a carrier that has a higher back support.
- DELICATE PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT– Babies who are five months old are very delicate and they cannot sit upright and can support their head and neck if they are positioned standing up so it is better to choose a baby carrier that can be adjusted in a tilted position which the baby’s head and neck can rest comfortably and can support the baby’s entire back area of the body. A good quality baby carrier can be adjusted from time to time until the baby can fully support the weight of their head.
- ERGONOMICS– A good quality baby carrier must not pose as an obstruction the baby’s growth and physical development. Choose a baby carrier that you feel is the most comfortable for the baby to keep them tucked in without any distractions in a way they are cuddled in their natural sleeping position and if the baby can sit upright then the carrier must be adjustable.
- MATERIALS– There are tons of brands and manufacturers of baby carrier in the market and to tell which one lives up to the standards of good quality can be a daunting task for the parent but it can easily be determined if it is made from durable and high-quality materials that can last through the infant stage of the baby. These materials should be from durable textile and must have strengthened support system more than enough to carry the baby’s weight and it must be comfortable enough for the baby to be tucked in.