Mumbai is known for so many reasons that it is difficult to point out the USP of the city. From bollywood movies to its beaches and local trains to its luxurious lifestyle, Mumbai has so many things to offer that you have to be there to experience them. Even though the city is crowded and you can often find yourself stuck in the traffic jams for long hours it is nearly impossible to praise Mumbai for its awesome culture. One of the four metro cities of India, people like to flock the city to soak in the atmosphere and lively young crowd. If you stay in Bangalore and want to visit the city of dreams you can choose any mode of transportation. There are various apps available too where you can find Bangalore to Mumbai flights. Here some of the places to visit if you are in Mumbai.
- Shree Siddhivinayak Temple: Built in 1801, the temple is dedicated to Lord Shri Ganesh and is probably one of the richest temples in Mumbai. The temple is often thronged by large crowds who believe that their prayers will come true if they visit it regularly.
- Marine Drive: It is a long concrete road along the coast, it is a ‘C’-shaped road that links Nariman Point to Malabar Hill. It is also known as the Queen’s Necklace as if viewed at night from an elevated point anywhere along the drive, the street lights resemble a string of pearls in a necklace.
- Bandra-Worli sea link: It is a beautiful bridge which links Bandra in Western Mumbai to Worli in South Mumbai. The bridge is a marvel in itself and is a delight for the eyes. If you have your own vehicle, you can enjoy the scenery with utmost comfort and from real close as the roads too are magnificently built.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus: Even now people call it VT or Victoria Terminus as it was called earlier, the station acts as the headquarters of the Central Railways in India. The station was included in UNESCO world heritage sites two decades ago. The station is a marvel in itself and has been used in number of Bollywood movies.
- Gateway of India: Built in the 20th century the monument is 26 metre high overlooking the Arabian sea. A structure with great historical significance it was used as a place to welcome viceroys and governors used to land during their arrival in India. You can take a ferry from Gateway of India to visit Ajanta Ellora caves.
These are the top 5 tourist places in Mumbai which should be on your itinerary if you want to visit the city. The best time to visit Mumbai is during November to January as it is quite cool and windy at that time. So, just hop onto the flight to Mumbai and come to witness a number of cultures living harmoniously under one roof. Book over internet to find out the Bangalore to Mumbai flight details and get the best deals.