The success of a company is aided in part by its capacity to manage and use data effectively.While resources are employed to process data and get meaningful information out of it, companies need to ensure that the input data they have is of the quality that they need.Hence, a company needs to ascertain that its data entry process delivers the need for quality data.It is a fundamental task of any business – and, arguably, among the most important.
The process of data entry is time consuming, and it takes both time and the proper resources to accurately enter data into a company’s system. Often, a company’s time and resources are limited when it comes to keeping up with effective data entry itself.Regardless, the need for quick and accurate data entry remains for most businesses.
Data entry services involve any kind of transferring or managing of data from one form into another – usually from vast amounts of unorganized data into easy-to-manage organized data.This often involves entering data into a computerized database or spreadsheet. Services may be performed by an individual typing at a keyboard or by a machine entering data electronically.Many modern businesses now seek data entry services from external providers for highly important, even if seemingly minor, tasks. This way, companies can focus on their core business activities, such as managing important information throughout their workday.
Types of Data Entry
Different types of industries require different ways of entering data. A company needs to look into its data requirements and the business impact before deciding to outsource its data entry process.Below are common types of data entry services.
- Creation of an Email Database is a service meant to allow a company to market its products and services though a good and related email database.
- Spreadsheet Data Entry is a tedious and time consuming task with the objective of accurately entering data into a spreadsheet.
- Questionnaire Data Entry is the entry of data from customer responses toward a company’s product or service, as captured via a questionnaire.The aim is for the company to check and understand the customer’s attitude towards the product, and act appropriately for improvement.
- E-commerce Catalog Creation is an important way to represent a product via attractive, eye-catching visuals in an appealing catalog, especially when aiming to capture on-line shoppers.
- Contacts Data Entry allows companies to manage with ease all information on suppliers and vendors for raw materials, machines, maintenance and distributors, as well as customer contacts.
- Invoice Data Entry ensures that the business maintains every record of invoice in digital format. An invoice is a commercial document of a transaction issued by the business (the seller) to the customer (buyer), indicating the amount and payment terms of the product/service that was purchased.
- Sales Order Forms Entry records the details of a customer’s order electronically.The information from this data is used as basis to serve or fulfill the customer’s requirement and complete the sales transaction.
- Survey Data Entry is the input of survey results taken by companies.This is widely employed to product surveys to check the satisfaction of customers for particular products as well as views on the competitor’s product.
- Payroll Data Entry is the recording of compensation to employees. The digital data allows interface with the company’s financial records for tracking of expenses and ensures the timely allocation of financial resources.
- Claims Data Entry records the details of high value equipment assets used in production, as well as employee records relevant to insurance.The objective is for a quick access of details and reimbursement in the event of claims.
- Website Data Entry is the input of valuable data for a company’s website in its various categories. This is to ensure that the website is easily searchable by the most popular search engines.
Other industry specific data entry services include Legal Data Entry, Financial Data Entry, Health Care Data Entry, Insurance Data Entry, Academic Data Entry, to name a few.
Data Entry Services Supporting Core Business Processes
Data Entry Services are systematic activities seeking to improve the systems of data management of any company. It remains an integral part in support of the company’s core business processes. The increasing number of outsourcing vendors offering data entry solutions allows companies the focus and competitiveness needed to run their business well.They become important business partners in data management to a company.