What is so important about having an APC UPS anyway? Well, people who often spend their times in front the computer – as well as other electronic devices – know how important it is to keep the electric current steady and keep on going. Without the electrical current, the electronic devices won’t be able to run; let alone to turn on. If people want to keep their devices well and want to make sure that they won’t experience internal damages, they will need to have a high quality UPS.
Understanding APC UPS
UPS of Uninterrupted Power Supply is a device that would make sure that the electronic devices will have steady electrical current as well as providing enough electrical power so people can shut down their devices correctly and properly. Most of the UPS products are made by the APC or American Power Conversion, based on the set up requirements and regulations, so they are basically very safe and sound. Here is how the UPS is working:
– UPS will provide some time so owners and users can turn off their electronic devices in case there is power outage. People know that when there is power outage, the sudden absence of the power can cause damages to the electronic devices since they aren’t turned off properly and correctly. When it happens over and over, it can be guaranteed that the devices will experience break and damages. Not to mention that people will lose their current work that they are doing. With the UPS, at least the owners can have more time to save up their work and shut down their devices so there won’t be any damages.
– UPS will also provide more stable electrical current so the internal parts of the devices won’t be damaged easily. It is very common to have instability in the electrical current. The UPS will ‘balance’ such fluctuation so the internal parts of the computer won’t work extremely hard to adjust to the fluctuating electricity.
Those are the major functions of the UPS, so busy people who have been dealing a lot with electronic devices would need to have UPS in order to save their devices.
UPS and Battery
UPS is also running on batteries, which can last for three to five years. If people want to make sure that their UPS batteries replacements are running for the maximal life expectancy, they need to consider these things:
– Be sure to keep the UPS in a dry and cool place. Provide enough ventilation as the device shouldn’t experience overheat. It is better to keep the UPS under 24 degree Celsius or 75 degree Fahrenheit.
– Do runtime calibration process for the UPS about once a year – two times a year is the maximum. If people often do this calibration process, they can reduce the life expectancy.
– UPS batteries can only be stored within 6 months to 12 months from the date of purchase. If people try to store it longer than that, it can lose its charging ability.
– The more loads there are on the UPS, the runtime will decrease. The UPS shouldn’t have more than 80% of the UPS load capacity.
If people are able to pay attention to those things and really care for their UPS, they can expect their device to run longer and more efficient.