The increasing impact of social media on online marketing cannot be ignored or undermined in any case. It is one of the most growing influence on online marketing, and any business, which undermines its importance, is definitely at loss.
- The information makes a website able to properly decide which social platform button to show on its website.
- With the help of user data gathered, a business can decide which platform needs more emphasis related to product or services of the business.
1. Facebook Setting:
For the tracking to start, the setting on Facebook needs to be made on two levels.
A) Facebook App:
The process is illustrated in the steps below:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Go to the developers page
- Click the ‘ create new app’ option.
- Enter an ‘ app display name’ and agree to terms of Facebook.
- In the next step provide with your ‘website’ and ‘ app domain’ information.
- Save the changes, and copy the App ID for further use.
- Firstly get you code from Google Analytics page.
- Once the code is entered, the tracking is set.
2. Integrating Google Analytics:
Once the code is installed and has started working, you will immediately be able to view the tracking. You can get hold of the data, in the Customer Variables tab that could be found under the Demographics heading in the Audience tab. However, the data can be best viewed if you setup the Custom Segments, which will enable you to compare and contrast the visitors logged in from Facebook to the regular visits your website receives. The custom settings can be changed under the ‘Advanced Settings’ tab. Such advanced maneuverability definitely adds to the efficacy of social media marketing of an online marketing firm.
In short, getting hold of the information about the visitors logged in to Facebook when visiting your website, can help a great deal in analyzing the behavior and the demographics of the audience, thus leading to an effective social media strategy.