When it comes to the wedding trends of 2017 one style you can expet to see a lot of is organic styling. The natural and open style gathered a lot of momentum in 2016 and shows no signs of slowing down.
Below are 7 dot points on how to achieve that organic, natural look on your special day.
- Using leaves, whether real or as a design motif, can create a real earthy and authentic look for a natural style wedding. This style will obviously suit an autumn wedding to a tee but is effective for any ceremony in a natural setting.
- Long imperial tables can give the feeling of a woodlands feast. When you pair this organic, plant-based table features and forgo table clothes to keep the natural wood grain exposed you will be going a long way to make your wedding reception feel rustic and organic.
- Cycle through photos on as many wedding blogs as you can in your spare time. With the organic wedding trend flaring so hot you can expect a lot of these websites are going to have a lot of feature weddings with this style and the best way to find inspiration get a visual of what can be achieved.
- Using natural paper for your place cards, menus and any other printing is a small attention to detail that can make a big difference. Experimenting with the right font and layout of your design can also go a long way to achieving this effect.
- Custom designed wedding dresses are extremely popular at the moment and while they can cost a bit of coin it is a good way to accentuate the theme of your wedding. The bride’s dress is the centerpiece of the wedding so to get a dress put together with organic and natural styling in mind can go a long way in setting the tone of the day.
- When considering decorations you can create a distinctive organic style by keeping walls sparse with sporadic elements like foliage, hanging plants, flowers, candles and small lanterns.
- It is a good idea to look for wedding reception venues that will match your organic wedding vision. The right venue can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you and there are so many great options that can really help bring you and your guests back to nature. From deep in the bush to getting married on the beach, in the end your choice is going to come down to your personality but it is one of the overriding factors in creating a natural feel.
One of the more important things to remember when you are planning an organic style wedding is that it is more about spirit than specific styles and features. Nature is a rich and diverse tapestry so just let your heart lead the way and you’re sure not to go wrong.