A beautiful dazzling smile can add beauty to one’s appearance. People long for the white, perfect teeth. But, owing to busy work schedules and eating habits how far are we able to maintain the oral hygiene? One in every two person is suffering from oral problems, be it an oral disease or stained teeth. The consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol and smoking is very common today. But, we fail to understand that it stains the teeth. Though we long for that beautiful white smile, hardly we put any effort in getting it. Here are a few ways which can prevent oral diseases and help to restore the oral health.
Understanding the Causes of Dental Problems
Before getting into how to keep the teeth and gums healthy, it is necessary to understand what causes it.
- Improper brushing .
- Not using floss on a regular basis.
- Not using anti-bacterial mouthwash.
- Excessive consumption of tea, coffee, alcohol, which leads to the staining of teeth.
- Smoking is also another reason for teeth staining and also affects the lungs.
- Intake of sugary food like aerated drinks.
- Improper diet.
- Using hard toothbrush for brushing or using the same toothbrush for more than 3 months.
- Not visiting the dentist regularly.
Oral Diseases: The Symptoms
Gum diseases are caused by bacteria. Improper brushing lets the food particles to remain between the teeth, which gradually hardens to form tartar. The tartar forms the ground for the bacteria to thrive. The few symptoms that makes you feel that there is something really wrong with your oral health are-
- Bleeding and swollen gums
- Bad breath
- Extreme sensitivity
- Receding gums, giving way for the tooth to be visible more.
If these symptoms are visible visiting the dentist is a must. Dentists in Dubai gives really good advices free of cost. There are dental services in Dubai which can be booked for a free consultation, if satisfied can continue with the treatment. Tatar is such a substance which can not be removed at home, only a professional dentist can remove it.
Ways to Maintain Oral Hygiene
There are various ways to maintain oral hygiene.
- Brushing properly is the first way. At Least two to three minutes must be devoted to brushing and cleaning the interiors of the mouth.
- Since, brushing can only remove 60-70% of the plaque, brushing should be followed by flossing. Dentists in Dubai as well as around the world recommend flossing as a must.
- Fluoride is good for the teeth and gums. So, brushing and flossing should be followed by using an antibacterial mouthwash that contains fluoride.
- Cleaning the tongue with a tongue cleaner should also be on the list as bacteria often resides on the tongue.
- One should avoid the consumption of caffeine drinks, aerated drinks, sugary foods, cigarettes. These are bad for the teeth.
- Drink lots of water. This will help in removing the food particles from the mouth and will not let the mouth dry.
- Another thing to remember is to gargle the mouth with water after every meal. This will not let the food particles stick in the mouth and later form plaque and tartar.
Super Hygienic Foods to Keep your Mouth Healthy
Besides, maintaining the oral health, there are a few foods which will further enhance the whole process of keeping the mouth healthy. Some of them are-
- Apples: It is said ‘an apple a day, keeps the doctor away’. This holds true as apples contains minerals and vitamins, increases the saliva flow, as a result prevents cavity build up.
- Water: This will clear the body of toxins, clean the mouth and will prevent cavity build up.
- Sugar free chewing gums: This actually helps in bringing more saliva into the mouth and preventing cavity build up. Besides, the continuous chewing also gives the jaws some exercise.
So basically,eat healthy, follow the regular oral hygiene (don’t be lazy), visit the dentist regularly to avoid any kind of oral disease. After all who wants to survive on those false teeth in our old age. So better take care of the teeth and gums from now and keep smiling throughout life.
For more info. visit us : http://www.easydentaldubai.com