Compensation lawyers specialising in personal injury cover a wide range of accidents and injuries. The accidents they cover include road traffic accidents, workplace accidents, slips, trips and falls, holiday accidents, property in disrepair accidents and much more. As you can imagine, the number of injuries possible with these accidents is endless. Although, some are a lot more common than others. Let’s go through the most common types of injury:

What Injuries Do Compensation Lawyers Cover?

Whiplash – Road Traffic Accidents

Whiplash is the most common road traffic accident injury. It represents around 80 percent of all injury claims in fact. Whiplash is a neck injury that’s sustained by a sudden movement of the head forwards, backwards and sideways. This movement overstretches and damages the tendons in the neck. In serious cases, it can result in musculoskeletal and neurological injuries. Whiplash with these is considered ‘moderate whiplash’ or ‘serious whiplash’.

Like all accidents, so long as it wasn’t your fault, you can claim for whiplash injuries. Injury lawyers like those at UK Claim Lawyers (site) are specialists in this area.

Entrapment – Workplace Accidents

Entrapment accidents usually relate to when part or parts of the body become trapped in the moving parts of a machine. However, it can also refer to when you trap your fingers in a door or when a door slam shuts on your leg. Entrapment is one of the most common causes of workplace injuries, and compensation lawyers have a lot of experience with such cases. If you have had such an accident, you could be owed thousands of pounds in compensation.

Due to the nature of such injuries (they usually immobilise part of the body for a significant period of time), the average financial pay-out is relatively high (over £5,000).

Slips, Trips and Falls – Accidents in a Public Place

The vast majority of slips, trips and falls result in minor injuries like cuts and bruises. But, they can also cause concussion and in the worst cases, paralysis. Most slips, trips and falls occur in public areas such as on the high street. If you have been the victim of such an accident, it may be possible to make a claim against local Government. If it is found that a pothole caused your trip, for example, and the council knew about that pothole with sufficient time to repair it, then you will have a strong case for financial compensation.

Cases of this nature are usually clear cut. However, problems may arise where there is no obvious other party to claim against. If this is the case, your lawyer will recommend the best course of action. It’s rare for a claim to be stopped in its tracks, under the circumstances.