At the end of the day, any jeweler will do well to take care of his or her jewelry displays because they will be able to promote their items within them, potentially driving up the business. It is also a fact that these vital jewelry displays are also very fragile and if the proper steps are not taken during the process of cleaning them, then there is a high risk that you will end up damaging them forever.
- Before you start cleaning your jewelry displays, always make sure to put on gloves so that you do not end up leaving your finger prints or leave any smudges on the glass whilst cleaning. This is redundant as whilst you are trying to clean out your jewelry displays your hands are also leaving imprints everywhere so the result will not be good.
- Make sure that you have to proper tools to do the job before you begin. You will need to have tools that allow you to reach into the crevices and hard to reach corners of your jewelry displays to truly clean it out completely. The greatest tool in your arsenal in this scenario would be a vacuum cleaner that is attached with the thinnest attachment there is so that you can easily suck up all the dust in those hard to reach areas.
- When not handling dust, smudges and fingerprints are your worst nightmare because of the oil that comes out of people’s fingers when groping and touching the jewelry displays. Never ever try to clean the smudges from the internal side of the jewelry displays with cloth and soap as there will be more residue left in it when you are done than when you first started.
You could also use the underside of some sticky tape to remove the smudges and this actually works wonders in getting the prints out.
- If your jewelry displays are particularly dirty or has a ton of dust in them, you might want to opt for a more powerful solution than just simple sticky tape. Go out to the local hardware store and purchase some of the sticky rolling pin items that you can roll across any surface and it will in turn remove the dust for you. This will help you to save a lot of time and effort in the long run so it is definitely something you will want to consider.
- You could also use some science to help you in the cleaning. Static electricity can be generated on any plastic surface or fabric so when charged, they help to attract all manner of dust or hair particles in your jewelry displays.