We must try to make our vacation exchange to work is as smooth as possible and focus on the positive aspects of our hard routine again. It is estimated that 30 percent of workers suffer or will suffer post-holiday syndrome, or depression, in the coming weeks to return to work.
This syndrome or depression is based on the feeling that workers have to return to the workplace after finishing the holiday period, which is characterized by lack of energy or motivation and sadness.
Post-holiday syndrome symptoms are apathy, followed by fatigue or lack of energy and concentration to perform job tasks. In more serious cases it can even cause headaches, anxiety or depression.
It is difficult to develop a profile of workers who are more likely to experience this feeling, but according to the working environment and personal characteristics they can provide.
Thus, it can be noted that the people most likely to suffer the syndrome or depression are those with lower resistance to frustration in the workplace.
You can also consider that those workers who enjoy long holidays, in addition to working in unpleasant environments, those who delude themselves by their work and those who are fighting with poor responsible, either because they do not value them enough or because It is considered incompetent to perform their functions.
As we have discussed, there are different measures to help prevent and combat this syndrome or depression, so get back to our work that much more enjoyable:
- One of the first we can take is soon up for a few days before rejoining our job. Thus, the worker will be easier to return to the routine of everyday life, and it fits before you start to work normal hours.
- The second measure we can take is back from vacation a few days earlier. As we’ve seen, this will help workers to acclimatize more slowly to their routine life at work.
- The third step could be to divide the holidays. As we have seen before workers are more likely to suffer post-holiday syndrome or depression have longer holiday periods, so it is advisable to divide these long periods of summer to turn our work routine less traumatic.
- The fourth measure because they see the positive side to return to our routine and work environment. We must interpret positively to the holiday as well we find it easier to return. This is possible if you avoid thinking that the work has become a burden and focus our vision was quite another perspective.
- A fifth measure could be setting the alarm five or ten minutes earlier. This, above all, the early days of the reinstatement, and to leave before bed will help us to have more time to get organized to go to work, avoid the rush and the stress that can cause this to us.
- A sixth measure that could be adopted is not loaded during the working day. In line with the above measure, to make it easier to return to work is best done in a gradual way, that is, little by little, so the change will be more enjoyable and not suffer much.
- The last step could be making healthy activities. That is, although not being directly related to our work, play sports and lead a healthy diet influences. With sport you can also do understand our dog walks an hour. So it’s something we should not forget the first day we return to our work.