The way to fix the problem that the external HDD partition table is deleted will be listed for users. Using MiniTool Partition Wizard can help you get out of the trouble.
Situation: My external HDD was performing perfectly yesterday. However, today it suddenly became “unallocated”. And now I can see the drive in Windows snap-in disk management tool but I have no way of opening it. After searching on the Internet, I know that there is something wrong with the partition table. And it seems that the external HDD partition table is deleted. Now, who can help me to repair hard drive partition table? I need to restore data in the partition, since this information is important for me. And I will be appreciating for your help.
Here, we should know that the partition table is closely related to the partition. When the partition table is deleted, the corresponding partition will not be found by users. Thus users can not get access to the partition. At this time, users need to do nothing but repair hard drive partition table.
Then people may ask if there is any secure and convenient way to make users get out of the trouble. It’s sure that there is an efficient solution. They can accept reliable software to recover specified partition. On this case, turning to powerful partition manager MiniTool Partition Wizard which contains the Partition Recovery Wizard feature can help users to reach the goal.
Use Freeware to Fix the Problem that External HDD Partition Table is Deleted
Please download this partition magic from its download center.
After a successful installation, users can open it to start. Step by step instructions are demonstrated as follows.
All disks and partitions are listed in the screenshot.
- Please choose the target disk and click “Partition Recovery Wizard” in the left panel. Then users will enter into the next window.
- To continue, users should click on “Next >”.
- Choose the specified disk and left click “Next >”to go to the next interface.
- In this window, please set scanning range for the target disk and click “Next >” to move on.
- As for the scanning method, I suggest choosing “Full Scan” and then click “Next >” button.
- After scanning, all partitions (including lost and existing partitions) will be shown in the list. Users should check the desired partitions and click “Finish” to return to the main interface.
- With a click on “Apply”, all pending operations will be executed.
Note: if you want to see the recovered partition in Windows Explorer, please remember to set drive letter to it.
This is the whole work to repair hard drive partition table by using Partition Recovery Wizard feature in MiniTool Partition Wizard. Therefore, if the external HDD partition table is deleted, turning to this partition magic can be a wise move. If you are working with Windows Server 2003, then you could try to use MiniTool Partition Wizard Server, the latest partition magic for server 2003 to complete your task.