National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national level medical entrance test which is regulated by the CBSE Board. It is organized for providing admissions in MBBS or BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, which is commenced once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats of any of medical and dental college will be filled with the help of score of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test examination only. As per the last order by Honorable Supreme Court, no other exam except National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017 will be organized for granting admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India.
The tentative schedule for the entrance exam is as-
- Application forms will be made available in third week of December, 2016
- Last date to submit the application form without late fee is in first week of January, 2017
- Confirmation receipt will be made available without the late fee in second week of January, 2017
- Last date to submit the application from with late fee is in last week of January, 2017
- Receipt confirmation with late fee will be made available in first week of February, 2017
- Admit card will be released online in first week of April, 2017
- Exam will be organized in first week of May, 2017
- Result will be declared in first week of June, 2017
Counseling will be conducted after the announcement of the result.
Nationality- The candidates should be an Indian Nationals or Overseas Citizen of India
Age Limit- The minimum age limit of the candidates is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of the admission and the maximum age limit of the candidate is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for the reserved candidates.
Students should have cleared 12th class or shall be appearing in class 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Bio- Technology or any other optional subject with English.
Students must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology group which is for general candidates and 45% marks in aggregate for general physically handicapped candidates and 40% marks in aggregate for the candidates of Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes and other backward cast categories
The payment of application fee can be done through online and offline process:
- Online process:Candidates can make the payment of the fee through credit card or debit card using online payment gateway.
- Offline process: Candidates can make the payment of the application fee through the bank challan.
The application fee for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test exam is mentioned as-
The fee for the general and OBC candidate-
- Without late fee Rs.1400
- With late fee Rs.2800
The fee for SC, ST and PH
- Without late fee Rs.750
- With late fee Rs.2150
For more updates on NEET 2017, you can visit www.motachashma.com