Custom cable assemblies are generally constituted of several different parts, including the actual cable, a portion of liner to protect the cable conductors and insulators or possibly necessary. It seems simple enough, but it can become very confusing when you consider the different types of cabling options available. Of the many existing varieties on the market today, there are five common types of cable in general. They differ depending on the function and durability, as well as materials of which they are composed.
- Moulded cable assembly: Cable moulded structure is a method for creating the system needs. Generally, introduces moulding using hard coat connectors within a cable system to maintain continuity. Often these are shaped pin in training. Moulded cables can avoid exposure and failure of the cables to the outside elements. This set of custom cable is ideal for different situations in which environmental protection is essential.
- Cables Heliax: A heliax cable is a type of disposition of coaxial cable. In a coaxial cable, there are three layers inside a jacket, from an inner conductive core sold. This inner conductor is surrounded by insulation. In a heliax configuration, insulation is wound into a helix, or a spiral, around the conductor. It has a semi-rigid composition, but performs quite well. Unfortunately, the stiffness of the yarn causes the cable assembly to a limited extent in their uses.
- Mast cables: Mast cable is mainly used for radio communication systems. It is configured as a high mast or stick in the air. A cover protects a set of custom cable mast; usually is vinyl in nature, and remains within the cables safe from environmental elements such as sun and rain. Mast systems generally have a high structural integrity and can be used for a variety of functions, but more often seen on ships, military installations, and on top of radio towers.
- Ribbon cable: A ribbon cable is a flat piece of wire, of course, resembles a tape. They are generally used for data transmission and are often found in computer systems. An interesting component for ribbon cable is that very often, ribbon cable is colour coded to prevent misidentification of individual drivers. These are optimal for tight-spaces, such as the ribbon cable is easily malleable.
- The sensor cables: Structures sensor cables have experienced some break-through technology recently, as more investigations are coming together to study the possible uses and exciting evolving capacities. Generally, a sensor that relies on magnetometers is incorporated into a shirt or coat. These types of custom cable assemblies can be used above or below ground and report physical disturbances by vibration and communicative symbols.
The information was shared on behalf of Global Connector Technology (GCT). It’s a leading supplier of standard and custom interconnect products, cable assemblies etc. GCT is focussed on the supply of reliable high-quality connectors for applications in Mobile & Wireless Communication, Computer & Peripherals, Digital Entertainment, Networking, Industrial, Automation, Security, Medical, Instrumentation and other Consumer Electronics.