E-commerce is all about customer engagement these days. First, it is about engaging strangers and converting them into customers. Then it is about keeping them engaged and making them come back. Then it is about encouraging them to extend the engagement to their friends and family. This cycle is endless and has to ever evolving.
Despite a responsive web design there being many different strategies to market your products and sell them and create a loyal customer base, the aim of all of them is just one and it all boils down to this one simple strategy: Customer Engagement. Because that is the one factor that can make it or break it for your business. So what are the different tactics or approaches you can adopt to engage your customers? Let’s take a look!
We live in world where people are constantly connecting with their friends, their family, and their loved ones through different social media platforms. They not only connect on a personal level, they also indirectly promote many businesses when they check into places, posts photos of the products they buy and talk about their favorite shopping destinations. This inadvertently clicks with the others in their lists, and they also plan to check out these things.
Now imagine the possibilities of being a part of this circle. Having a social media presence is critical to businesses, especially ecommerce businesses because:
- They survive solely because of their e-customers
- Their marketing and ad campaigns take place in the e-space and
- They become irrelevant if they are not e-relevant!
So create an impressive and approachable social media presence so that your customers can reach out any time by consulting an authentic web design company. This also helps you stay relevant in your customers’ decision making process and gets you enough word-of-mouth publicity without having to spend a single penny!
On the go!
Every individual wants to get everything done on-the-go. From booking tickets to reserving hotels, staying up-to-date with the news and conducting important business meetings, the world of internet has made it all possible. Smart gadgets play a very important role in the everyday life of people around the globe, which is why your business also needs to adapt to this culture, because this is here to stay. It is no longer sufficient to have a “mobile friendly” website in a world where every business is offering mobile applications for ease and convenience of their customers.
Mobile apps ensure these:
- Your customer can reach you any time – this gives you leverage over your competitor if they don’t offer a mobile application.
- You can reach your customer any time – have something new to share? Push notifications are what you are need!
- You know everything you need to know about your customers – collect data and send personalized offers to customers. Then sit back and watch your profit graph climb!
If you are not on-the-go yet, what are you waiting for? Really!
Big Data and Trends
How do you keep a child engaged? You give him something he likes to play with. We’re all children at heart and we keep going back to things and places which offer us what we like. The digital world makes it possible to collect data about customer preferences. This data can be collated, studied and used to present personalized offers to your target audience. Collecting data helps you to:
- Know the preferences of your customer base – what do they like? What strategies have worked in the past? What are the current trends everyone seems to follow?
- Deliver exactly what they want – when you know what they want, why not give them exactly that to increase your chance of being chosen?
- Analyze the data and know the pulse of your customers – this helps you achieve a sustainable and stable growth because all your major business decisions can be influenced by your customers’ needs and preferences, so you cannot go wrong even in the future! It is a win-win situation all the way!