Samsung is one of those manufacturers of smartphone who is always ready to experiment something new. However, one successful experiment of Samsung decided not to stop. One of the most promising technologies are considered curved displays that are equally excite the minds of engineers, designers and buyers. However, a year ago bends screen Samsung Galaxy Round and LG G Flex, were not very popular. Slight curvature of the front panel vertically or horizontally not add practical benefits and ergonomics, so now we are unlikely to see the massive use of such solutions in the South Korean Device the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.
Fortunately, the Samsung has sufficient financial cushion to be able to arrange experiments in the consumer market and, in case of failure, it is easy to write off such models from the accounts. Everything else, still strongly desire competing engineers from LG, is also interested in the use of flexible displays and actively develops the appropriate technology. So the stores had another unusual model – Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.
By and large it is a copy of the Galaxy Note the fourth generation, which received an unusual screen and special Barrage price not to become widespread and popular product. Why Samsung deliberately limits the demand for this device? Hardly the company is ready to establish truly large-scale production of curved displays are not confident in the demand for these smart phones on the market. A year later, the situation may change, but for now Galaxy Note Edge is intended only enthusiasts chasing the most advanced technology, as well as customers who are ready for any money to buy an unusual device that stands out among the gray mass of smartphones.
- Operating system: Android 4.4.4 with firm shell TouchWiz
- Display: Super AMOLED, 5.6 inches + 0.1 inches, resolution 2560 x 1440 + 160 points
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 805, quad-core Krait 450 to 2.7 GHz
- Graphics Accelerator: Adreno 420
- Memory: 3 GB
- Permanent memory: 32 GB
- Memory card support: microSD up to 128 GB
- Primary Camera: 16 megapixel, optical stabilization, video recording UHD 4K at 30 frames per second
- Front camera: 3.7 megapixel
- Wireless and wired connections: LTE Cat.4, Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n / ac, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, infrared port, microUSB, USB Host, MHL, USB On-the-go
- Sensors: acceleration approach, UV radiation, heart rate, blood oxygen saturation, gyroscope, compass, barometer, GPS, Glonass
- Tools of input: active stylus S Pen
- Battery: 3220 mAh
- Size: 151.3 x 82.4 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 174 g
Enough to read the list of specifications, to ensure that no significant changes in the Galaxy Note Edge in comparison with the Galaxy Note 4. And to be precise, one of its modifications with Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and graphics chip Adreno 420. As a consequence, Edge supports LTE standard Cat .4. Differences only 160 “extra” pixels screen and imperceptibly different dimensions of the case, which was the result of unusual shape of the display.
And we know Samsung would not stop here with experiment, as there are rumours for two edges Samsung Galaxy Note Edge 2.