All India Pre-Veterinary Test is a national level test for admission into 5 yearsBachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) course. There are total 40 colleges affiliated from 27 Agricultural Universities by the means of AIPVT, admission will be offered into 425 seats available in theses colleges, this counts up to 15% of total available seats.
Admission to the rest 85% of seats will be done either by colleges or by the means of entrance examinations conducted by the State. Jammu & Kashmir is the only state that doesn’t participate in the AIPVT examination and admission process. Rajasthan, Manipur, and Haryana are the three states which do not conduct their own pre-veterinary exam and will rely on All India Pre-Veterinary Test to fill all the seats available in the agricultural university and colleges located in the state.
The exam notification for the academic session 2016-17 is already out and the candidates can make anonline application using the official website by February 07, 2016 and the exam will be conducted on May 14, 2016. In this article we will have a look at the application process of the Pre-Veterinary Exam:
- Availability:The application form is available on the official website of Veterinary Council of India. There is a dedicated page for the AIPVT examination. Only Online applications will be accepted and there is no alternate application method.
- Documents Required: Tocomplete the application form candidates are required to upload the following documents to complete the application form:
- Candidate’s Photo: The dimensions of the photograph need to be 3.5 x 4.5cms and the size of the image can be 10 to 100kb.
- Candidate’s Signature: The signatures need to be done with Black ink pen and in a box having dimensions 3.5 x 1.5cms and the size of the image needs to be 10 to 25 kb.
- Candidate’s Thumb Impression:Male candidates should upload thumb impression of left-hand thumb impression while for female candidates thumb impression of right-hand is required.Thethumb impression should be on white paper in a box having dimensions 3.5 x 1.5cms.
- Parents/Guardians Signature: The signatures need to be done with Black ink pen and in a box having dimensions 3.5 x 1.5cms and the size of the image needs to be 10 to 25 kb.
- Application Fee:The candidates are required to make payment of application fee as per the below criteria:
- General & OBC candidates: 1500 Rs.
- ST/PH/SC candidates: 750 Rs.
- Late Fee: Rs. 750 for all. Application fee with late fee will be accepted till March 01, 2016.
- Mode of Payment of Application Fee: Application fee will be accepted only bank challan and online methods (using Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking etc.). Other methods of payment such as demand draft, cheque or cash will not be accepted. Details are:
- Online payment: Online payment can be made through Vijaya Bank/ SBI, candidates can use their Credit or Debit card or Net banking to pay the fee while making the application.
- Offline payment: Using E-challan by depositing fee in VCI account in any of the CBS branches of State Bank of India.
For more details related to AIPVT and other Veterinary Examinations, visit www.Motachashma.com.