It is wide world known that the health benefits of olive oil are unrivaled. Less known is that the olive leaf extract is also very rich in oleuropein, the same molecule that provides olive oil with its multitude of health and life-extending benefits. Olive leaf extract is best known for its blood pressure-lowering effects, but the latest studies reveal numerous other benefits for our health.
Here are the most important:
1. Prevents cancer
Oleuropein and olive leaf extract have numerous mechanisms of action against cancer:
– inhibit DNA damage from reactive oxygen species, which is the very first step in development of malignant cells
– help prevent inflammation, another major promoter of tumor growth
– reduces malignant cells’ ability to respond to estrogen. This is a very important benefit for women because in breast cancer the cancer cells depend on the female hormone to survive.
– inhibits the production of the “protein-melting” enzymes that cancer cells need in order to invade healthy tissues and metastasize to distant parts of the body.
2. Prevents and treats diabetes
Recent studies have shown that olive leaf extract has the ability to decrease insulin resistance and increase the production of insulin by the pancreas. Beyond its direct action in diabetes, the olive leaf compounds are very valuable because they also prevent the complications of this disease.
3. Inhibits viral infections
Oleuropein contained in the olive leaf was revealed as a potent inhibitor of a wide range of viruses in laboratory tests. Olive leaf extract was extremely effective in treating a wide range of illnesses from respiratory tract infections to viral skin infections, such as herpes.
4. Fights against arthritis
Scientific evidence has proven that olive leaf extracts can interfere with the development of several different kinds of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, gout, and rheumatoid arthritis.
5. Protects the brain
Olive leaf extract protects the brain and central nervous system from the destruction brought on by strokes and age-related degenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases.
Top incoming search terms:
- best olive leaf extract
- sigmund freud the branch of an olive leaf
- unexpected benefits of olive leaf