What would our world be without viral ads? I’m guessing it would be the same, but nonetheless, those who work in the industry put a lot of effort into the making of ads and into the creative concept hoping that their ad would become one of the most shared ads. Perhaps not too surprising is the fact that out of ten, four of the most shared ads are about the World Cup. Ads such as “The Last Game” from Nike have become viral by their association with the impressive sporting event held in Brazil. Viewers from all around the world are fascinated with anything concerning the World Cup, so marketing-wise, it was the way to go! Interestingly enough, though Adidas is the official sponsor, Nike scored more from the World Cup.
Not so surprising is the fact that only one Super Bowl ad managed to snatch a spot on the top ten most shared ads, considering the fact that the World Cup is global and has viewers sharing and viewing ads from all over the world. Super Bowl ads, though clever and fun, are more local to the US. Statistics tell us that World Cup ads were shared an average of 320,000 times whilst Super Bowl ones only 126,000 times.
The top of the ten most shared ads comes from Unruly Media, who crunched the numbers and created it.
10. Save the Children- Most Shocking Second a Day- 910,559 shares
9. Nike Football- The Last Game- 927,633 shares
8. Castrol- Footkhana- 1,014,759 shares
7. Thai Life Insurance- Unsung Hero- 1,120,255 shares
6. Nike Football- Winner Stays- 1,239,961 shares
5. Wren- First Kiss- 1,511,985 shares
4. Cardstore- World’s Toughest Job- 1,838,468 shares
3.Budweiser- Puppy Love-1,940,181 shares
2. 20th Century Fox-Devil Baby Attack-2,118,634 shares
1. Activia- Shakira La La La- 4,546,532 shares
What’s your favorite ad from the top ten most shared ads of 2014? We would love to know! Leave your thoughts and ideas in the comment section below!
Top incoming search terms:
- best Magazine Ads 2014
- best magazine advertisements of 2014
- TOP 10 MAGAZINE ADS