Going vegan isn’t an easy choice, but once you’ve done it, there’s no going back. One of the toughest things when first entering the vegan world is the fact that you don’t really know what to eat or how to cook. We have thought about this kind of problems and we have chosen three vegan recipes we already tried and found delicious. Here are the vegan recipes for you! Bon appetite!
#1 Tofu Amaranth Salad
What you will need for this vegan recipe salad:
- 1/2 small clove of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup / 160ml coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 2-3 heads of little gem lettuces, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch ribbons
- a handful of amaranth leaves, or red lettuce, or spinach
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, pat dry and cut into tiny cubes
- 1 small handful of basil leaves
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
How to prepare this vegan recipe salad:
- Start by making the dressing.
- In a mortar and pestle, smash the garlic and chili flakes into a paste along with the salt.
- Add the oil and the scallions, and smash or chop a bit more.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar or bowl, and whisk in the coconut milk, then the lemon juice.
- You can store the dressing in a refrigerator for up to a week.
- Combine your lettuce and amaranth in a bowl along with the tofu and basil. Toss gently.
- Add the dressing a bit at a time, until the lettuce is coated to your liking.
- Add the avocado last and give the salad once last gentle toss.
Serves: 4. Prep time: 10 min
# 2 Avocado Coconut Oil Tartine
What you will need for this vegan recipe tartine:
- 3/4 cup toasted and chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- zest of one medium orange
- 4 squash blossoms, cut into chiffonade
- scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 4 slices good levain bread, sliced 3/4-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons pure virgin coconut oil
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pits removed
- 4 scallions, slivered
- extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
How to prepare this vegan tartine recipe:
- Combine the macadamia nuts, garlic, orange zest, squash blossoms and salt in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Toast the bread until it’s golden.
- While the bread is still warm, place 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil on each tartine and spread evenly, saturating the toast.
- Spoon and smash half an avocado onto each piece of toast, then evenly distribute the nut mixture equally as well.
- Finish with a sprinkling of scallions, a drizzle of olive oil, and season to your liking.
Serves: 4. Prep time: 5 min – Cook time: 5 min
# 3 Avocado Salad
What will you need for this vegan recipe avocado salad:
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1-2 ripe avocados, quartered
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced chives
How to prepare this vegan recipe:
- Smash the oregano and salt into a paste in a mortar and pestle. Gradually add in the olive oil, and then the lemon juice.
- Toss the lentils with 2 tablespoons of the oregano oil, taste, and season if needed.
- Just before serving, cut the avocado into quarters, then slice quite thinly, and arrange on top of the lentils.
- Drizzle with a bit more of the oil, and sprinkle with the hazelnuts, and chives.
Serves: 4. Prep time: 5 min
Would you try at least one of these vegan recipes? Does the vegan lifestyle suit you?
Thank you goes for recipes and images to 101cookbooks.com.
Top incoming search terms:
- impressive vegan dishes
- Avocado Salad Recipe
- most impressive vegan dishes